- Interview with a Teacher
- Our Work Never Ends: An Interview with David Crane
- Highlights: The Women’s March on Washington
- Rosie the Riveter: A History
- Men, Women, and Science Fiction
- Interview with a Feminist
- Jeremy Corbyn’s Beard
- The Future of Men: Author Interview
- Blue-Collar / White-Collar
- Return to the Salvador Dimension
- Interview with a Male Nurse
- Graphic Design & Internet Propaganda with Aaron Wood
- Strange Fruit and Children’s Books
- A Look at Toxic Masculinity
By David Michael Newstead.
Some highlights from throughout the year.
The Origins of #MasculinitySoFragile – The first in a series with the creator of the popular hashtag, discussing gender issues and toxic forms of masculinity.
A Conversation with Paul Elam – An in-depth interview with anti-feminist Paul Elam.
Discussing Safe Bars at a Bar – A podcast interview on the launch of the Safe Bars program in the District of Columbia.
An Interview with BEARD PAC – A conversation on politics, facial hair, and American history with the founder of a satirical Super PAC.
Politics and Social Media – A podcast interview with digital strategist Alan Rosenblatt on the role of social media in the 2016 presidential election.
Fatherhood and Feminism with Nikki van der Gaag – Gender expert Nikki van der Gaag discusses new research on fatherhood around the world.
Strange Fruit in America – The first in a series on the songwriter Abel Meeropol and the disturbing significance of his best known work, the anti-lynching song Strange Fruit.
Seek Justice for Us: An Interview with David Crane – The former Chief Prosecutor of the Special Court for Sierra Leone discusses his indictment of Liberian President Charles Taylor, the need for expanded human rights laws, and his on-going investigation into Syrian war crimes.
Chest Hair: A Personal Reflection – Just a random aside on life.
Russia Past & Present with Peter Kenez – An interview with historian Peter Kenez on the impact of the Russian Revolution and Russia in the modern world.
Russia Past & Present with Richard Pipes – An interview with historian Richard Pipes on the impact of the Russian Revolution and the 2016 presidential election.
Re-watching American Psycho – Revisting the renewed significance of Bret Easton Ellis’ novel.
Countering Street Harassment – An interview with DC Councilmember Brianne Nadeau on her efforts to counter street harassment in the nation’s capital.
A Nation of Immigrants, Revisited – A look back at JFK’s classic on the contributions of immigrants to American society.
By David Michael Newstead.
As 2015 comes to a close, I thought I’d share a few blog posts from throughout the year that I’m particularly proud of. They range from short stories to interviews on current events, a report on my trip to UN Headquarters over the summer and a fun, but ridiculous photo series. Enjoy!
- A Day in the Salvador Dimension
- Vlad Men: A Novella
- The State of the World’s Fathers 2015
- The Life and Death of Thomas Sankara
- The Feminist Book Club
- Top Putin Critic Discusses the Legacy of Sergei Magnitsky
- Metro Tied
- A Historic Election in Burkina Faso